Microsoft Teams now has over 75 million daily active users, and most of them are continuously looking at ways to become a Teams pro, exploring keyboard shortcuts to carry out meetings, chatting, and navigation more efficiently. The Teams team has shared their top 10 favourite keyboard shortcuts to make you a Microsoft Teams superuser.
To run your meetings more efficiently:
- Ctrl + shift + M – Mute/unmute your mic
- Ctrl + shift + O – Turn on/off your camera
To easily start conversations, search for content, and quickly edit messages:
- Ctrl + N – Start a new chat
- ^ – Hit your arrow key and it will edit your last message sent (without needing to click on “…”)
- Ctrl + O – Attach a file
To move between your chats, teams, and calls, and search of information quickly:
- Ctrl + 1+ 2 + 3 – Navigate up and down the left navigation rail. (i.e. Ctrl + 1 = Activity feed; Ctrl +2 = Chat; Ctrl + 3 = Teams etc.)
- Ctrl + E – Quick access to the search bar at the top of Teams.
- Ctrl + / – This displays the commands that you can use to easily navigate to different locations, access content, or set your status.
To express emotions:
- :word – Type a colon “:” immediately followed by a word to discover additional emojis (e.g. :person or :apple)
To explore more keyboard shortcuts:
- type Ctrl + . to see all the keyboard shortcuts or click on your profile in the top right-hand corner and click keyboard shortcuts.