Nominations have opened for the Information and Technology Association of Canada’s (ITAC) CanadianCIO of the Year Award and 2017 Ingenious Awards, and it includes a new category for digital transformation.
The CanadianCIO of the Year Award recognizes the chief information officers (CIOs) that demonstrate the qualities of business and technical vision, entrepreneurship, a capacity to drive enterprise transformation, and a measurable operational strength that delivers shareholder or stakeholder value. There are two recipients for the award, one in the private sector and one for the public sector.
In 2016, Peter Bak, CIO of the Humber River Hospital, and Ted Maulucci, CIO of the Tridel Group, won the public and private sector awards respectively.
The CanadianCIO of the Year Award is co-presented by ITAC and CanadianCIO, published by IT World Canada. To nominate a CIO, click here. Nominations close July 14.
This year, the Ingenious Awards include a new category: Ingenious Spark. This new category will identify the Canadian company that “showcases an early growth, a unique innovation that is looking to change the world or disrupt an industry”. It joins the other categories that highlight the Canadian companies that use information and communications technology (ICT) to solve problems, improve performance, and introduce new services and grow businesses.
The full Ingenious Nominations Categories are as follows:
- Large Private Sector – All private Canadian businesses operating for profit with greater than 500 employees who are using technology to build or transform their business.
- Large Public Sector – All federal, provincial and municipal government departments and all public institutions including healthcare and education institutions, with greater than 500 employees who are using technology to build or transform their organization.
- Medium Size Private Business – Any private Canadian business with between between 100-500 employees in any sector who are using technology to build or transform their business.
- Small Size Private Business – Any private Canadian business with fewer than 100 employees in any sector who are using technology to build or transform their business.
- Small-to-Medium Size Public Sector / Not-for-Profit – All federal, provincial and municipal government departments and all public institutions, including healthcare and education institutions as well as not-for-profit or non-government within Canada with fewer than 500 employees who are using technology to transform their mission and goals.
- Ingenious Spark – Any private Canadian business that has an ingenious spark of a new technology product or service that is in the early stage of business growth. See specific criteria on Ingenious Spark nomination form.
ITAC has partnered with the CIO Associate of Canada for the Ingenious Awards. To nominate a company for either of the categories, click here.
The award nomination deadline is July 14. The finalists will be notified in August, and both the Ingenious Awards and the CanadianCIO of the Year Award will be presented on November 9.