When ITWC organized the first Digital Transformation Conference and Awards program in 2017, the goal was to provide the community with examples of digital transformation excellence.
By hearing first hand from the technology leaders actually transforming their businesses, we hoped the audience would walk away with actionable insights they could apply to their own businesses.
As we tackled the program for the 2018 edition, we’ve stayed true to that mandate but broadened the offerings slightly to ensure a focus on the innovation and emerging technologies that are reshaping both the private and public sector landscapes.
1) Anthony Lacavera, founder of Wind Mobile and chair of Globalive Capital (which recently lead the purchase of TD’s private credit card business for $250M) will offer a luncheon keynote. The venture capitalist and tech visionary will share his thoughts about the practical applications of blockchain and AI.
2) If you are in financial services or the insurance industry, you know technology-empowered consumers are changing the game. Attend the conference and you’ll be on hand for the national release of an ITWC/Open Text snapshot report detailing the sectors’ transformation journey to date. The findings may surprise you.
3) Alex Benay, The Government of Canada’s Chief Information Officer, will kick off the conference. As the government’s senior technology leader, he’s been pushing for rapid change including increased use of cloud and blockchain. He’s charismatic, active on social media and unafraid to speak his mind.
4) What are the issues keeping CIOs up at night? Who is pushing innovation in today’s companies? Attend the conference and you’ll find the answers to these questions and more as ITWC CIO Jim Love and Kovar Gregory of CA discuss the findings of the 2018 CanadianCIO Census This session marks the official launch of the census report.
5) Whether you are ready or not, technology tools like AI and blockchain are here and they are changing the way business is getting done. Register now to attend and you’ll hear how companies like TD and SecureKey are using the emerging technologies – and how you can avoid early mistakes in their implementation.
6) If a smart device can use natural language to make a hair appointment or a dinner reservation for you, how long will it be before it is taking the appointments or confirming the reservations? Find out when a panel including AWS Country Manager Eric Gales and security specialist Michael Ball discuss the future of voice in the workplace. Register today for the Aug. 14 event in Toronto.
7) Come for the conference. Stay for the party. The 2018 Digital Transformation Awards ceremony will be held immediately following the close of the conference. This high-energy offering will recognize five examples of digital transformation excellence. Kevin Peesker, President of Microsoft Canada, will host the awards show.
8) When IT workers from the aeronautics industry joined the auto industry, the impact on autonomous vehicle development was profound. At the conference Jordan Kyriakidis, President of QRA Group, will speak about the unexpected innovation that often results from the collision of disparate ideas. Perhaps something you hear will spark an idea for you.
9) Leaders learning from leaders is one of the themes underpinning the event. With the conference designed to showcase examples of best practices in innovation, can you afford to miss the advice from senior leaders from TD, AWS, NAV CANADA, Moneris, OpenText, BlackBerry, SecureKey, CA Technologies and others?
Whether you’re an IT Director in a major corporation or the lone guy holding together the IT infrastructure for a startup, there will be lessons you can take away from the 2018 edition.
As there is limited capacity, register to reserve your seat today. I guarantee you will walk away with more to talk about than the hot weather.