Tripp Lite Makes Edge Deployment Easy with EdgeReady™ Micro Data Centers
Preconfigured Infrastructure for Edge Computing
Chicago, IL (September 23, 2019) — Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, has introduced a new line of preconfigured IT infrastructure solutions that make edge computing deployment quick and easy. EdgeReady™ micro data centers (MDCs) are the industry’s first and only MDCs that ship assembled and tested three business days after the receipt of an order.
Organizations in every sector are implementing edge computing strategies to analyze the vast amounts of data generated by Internet of Things (IoT) devices. MDCs are essential to edge computing because they allow data to be processed at its source. According to Gartner research, the data processed outside core/cloud data centers will grow from 10% currently to 50% by 2022.
“Greater dependence on edge computing is driving the need for infrastructure solutions that can be deployed quickly and reliably,” said Tony Locker, Tripp Lite’s Vice President of Product Management, Enterprise Solutions. “By offering expertly configured micro data centers and a broad selection of stocked product options for customization, we help customers get the exact solution they need for edge-of-network applications in less time than ever before.”
There are 40 different EdgeReady MDC stock configurations available for immediate order and shipment in three business days. Customized models can ship in as little as five business days. Stock configurations integrate a floor-standing or wall-mount rack enclosure, UPS system, network management card, downloadable power management software, environmental sensor and power distribution unit (PDU). Floor-standing models can ship as fully assembled and tested units, and all models are available as validated kits ready for onsite assembly.
Key Benefits of EdgeReady Micro Data Centers
- More choices — 40 stock configurations offer a wide range of rack sizes, power capacities and battery backup runtimes.
- Easier deployment — Preconfigured infrastructure standardizes installations for quick, easy, repeatable deployment and service.
- Reduction in site-related costs — Tripp Lite’s experienced solution experts validate configurations to simplify ordering, prevent design errors and reduce field costs.
- Fast turnaround — Stock configurations ship in three business days; customized models ship in as little as five business days.
- Unlimited customization — Options like active cooling and console KVMs are available to match diverse business and technology requirements.
International Marketing Specialist – Canada
About Tripp Lite
Since 1922, Tripp Lite has established a global reputation for quality by providing reliable products and exceptional service to customers worldwide. From desktop to critical infrastructure, Tripp Lite products and solutions power and connect the computers, networking equipment and electronic devices that form the foundation of our digital world. Headquartered in Chicago, Tripp Lite manufactures UPS systems, cables, connectivity solutions, PDUs, racks, cooling solutions, KVM switches, console servers, charging stations, display mounts, surge protectors, power strips, network switches, power inverters and specialty products for data center, healthcare, government, education and digital signage applications. Learn more