It’s one thing to say companies need to “skill up” their people; it’s quite another when an institution like the World Economic Forum (WEF) talks about a reskilling emergency.
The WEF said two years ago that by 2022 over 40 per cent of skills required to perform existing jobs will have changed. Reskilling their talent is no longer something companies should do – they must do it if they are to keep pace at a time of nonstop disruption..
“When you have entities like the WEF talking about a fourth industrial revolution, and the UN calling the 2020s the ‘decade of delivery,’ you know it’s ‘go’ time,” said ITWC CIO Jim Love. “But in a decade of important transitions – and you can count on there being many more before 2030 – reskilling is key. Smart business leaders recognize this, and are committing to their people’s skills, and thus their companies’ future success.”
Microsoft created the Cloud Skills Challenge – a free skilling program that provides access to Microsoft Learn modules, Microsoft Virtual Training Days, a Challenge Leaderboard, and 50 per cent off Microsoft Certification Exam vouchers – allowing you to develop technical skills and work towards gaining Microsoft certifications.
The Cloud Skills Challenge, which helps to skill you on Microsoft cloud technologies via a gamified experience utilizing Microsoft Learn content, is for individuals and teams:
- Individuals can access a public leaderboard and compete with industry peers. Learn more about the Cloud Skills Challenge for individuals
- Teams can access a gamified skilling experience and track individual learning progress through a custom leaderboard for their organization. Learn more about the Cloud Skills Challenge for teams
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Register here. Access learning materials and the Custom Challenge Leaderboard.
- Track your progress using the Leaderboard.
- After completing the modules, claim your Exam Voucher and get certified.