RSA, the security division of EMC Corp. is combining its threat detection technology with big data analytics in a new product that enables organizations to better pinpoint and understand security threats missed by traditional signature-based detection tools.
The company said, RSA Security Analytics blends security information and events management (SIEM), network forensics and big data analysis.
- The new tool which was launched today delivers the following:
- Quick capture and analysis of security-relevant data including network packets, logs and threat intelligences
- The ability to analyze large-scale data sets which enables new analysis methods over that of SIEM-based approaches automation of detection and investigation of potential attach tools and techniques
- Provides administrators with context for threats they are facing by using the RSA Archer platform and the RSA Data Loss Prevention suite and other data
- Identification of a much wider range of malware
- Automation of compliance reporting