Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Man thrusts cell phone down woman

An trial began this week in Independence, Mo., in which prosecutors say a man forced a cell phone down a woman’s throat but the defense say says the woman swallowed the device on purpose to hide data on whom she had been calling.

Associated Press reports that 24-year-old Marlon Brando Gill is being charged with felony first-degree assault for allegedly shoving the phone down Melinda Abell’s throat in December. He was said to be angry and jealous when he forced the phone into Melinda Abell’s throat in December. A doctor at a Kansas City hospital used a “pincher” to extract the phone from Abell’s body, Associated Press reports. The woman testified this week that she was too drunk to remember how the phone got inside her.

Separately, the Union Leader newspaper in New Hampshire reports that after a suspected drug dealer lost his cell phone, police detectives coordinated a spontaneous sting, fielding calls from alleged cocaine buyers and making 9 arrests. The nine people, all from Massachusetts, were booked on drug charges and released on US$5,000 bail, according to the newspaper.

Would you recommend this article?

Share

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think of this article!
We'd love to hear your opinion about this or any other story you read in our publication. Click this link to send me a note →

Jim Love, Chief Content Officer, IT World Canada

Related Tech News

Our experienced team of journalists and bloggers bring you engaging in-depth interviews, videos and content targeted to IT professionals and line-of-business executives.