Computerworld’s 2003 Job Satisfaction Survey uncovered the kind of grumbling that will lead to IT brain drain:
- 42 per cent said they’re dissatisfied with their companies.
- 56 per cent reported that their level of satisfaction with their companies has decreased compared with one year ago.
- 69 per cent don’t think they’re working to their full potential.
- 55 per cent said they’re dissatisfied with their opportunities for advancement.
- 82 per cent reported finding their work stressful.
- 59 per cent reported being more stressed out than they were a year ago.
- 50 per cent disagreed with the statement, “My employer is successful at building employee loyalty.”
Base: 936 respondents (IT workers, managers, consultants and contractors).
Source: Computerworld’s 2003 Job Satisfaction Survey