In this new era of computing IT, organizations are adopting an industrial model for services that support business change. Creating this model doesn’t begin by coding or running out and purchasing an application. Instead, the process of creating an agile and nimble computing environment has to align with the strategic business initiatives.
To get started with the transformation to an IT-as-a-service organization, an IT organization must establish a road map that maps technology options to your business. The following are the requirements that need to be part of your planning for your road map.
- Understand the current changes happening in your business and how well your existing IT assets can support change.
- Be realistic about what you can change and what elements of your infrastructure can’t be modified.
- Understand what steps you need to take to transform your IT organization to a provider of services.
- Focus your efforts on the customer experience and on your ability to manage the right performance indicators both short- and long-term.
- Set guidelines that will determine the best practices to follow to create real change.
These changes to your IT environment will not happen over night. But there are steps you can take that will lead you to improving your relationship with the business. IT-as-a-service in stages will help you safeguard your company’s intellectual property and the security and governance of the company. By moving to IT-as-a-service, IT leadership becomes business leadership.
Download this eBook to learn about key strategies and steps in making this transition to a new model.