IDC Canada recently polished up the crystal ball and published its Canadian Software 2007 Top 10 Predictions. This list offers the views of IDC’s analysts about the major trends and transitions in the coming year.
Here what the crystal ball revealed:
- Collaboration and content management applications will bring a business touch to Web 2.0;
- Governance and process controls will become increasingly baked into core enterprise systems;
- Software-as-a-service application vendors will adopt a more partner-centric ecosystem to stimulate adoption;
- Enterprise search will gain momentum as established vendors and Web-based players make a play for the enterprise market;
- Service Oriented Architecture industry push will continue, but Canada will remain lukewarm;
- Vendor marketing will take on community-based focus in 2007;
- Graphic artists and media designers will become first-class members of the development team;
- Virtualization will begin to take new shape in the Canadian market – it’s not just about server and storage consolidation anymore;
- Security, system management, and storage software will continue to converge;
- Software will take key role in enterprise mobility.