So you’ve moved to the cloud. Congratulations would be in order, if not for the fact that most organizations are now in the cloud.
In your quest to achieve not just success but smashing success in the cloud, there are certain things you should bear in mind at baseline, including:
- It’s not about the money: While the cost/money angle should always be a factor, cloud should never be largely about money. Cloud, first and foremost, is about delivering capability and customer experience. If you make it all about the dollar, you’re missing the main point of cloud.
- Never stop learning: If the customer is your focus and the cloud helps you serve them, know that it’s an iterative learning process. It’s the age of disruption — one size never fits all, and your customer’s tastes will change.
- Say no to customization: Resist the temptation to tailor a cloud service to your organization. Rather than building around a service (and thereby moving away from cloud’s true value proposition), you should seek to build a sturdy relationship with your vendor as they evolve the platform.
- Own management: Although cloud service providers will take care of certain operational details (server capacity, load balancing, etc.), it’s up to you (your IT group) to manage your own apps and data. Cloud is a hands-on proposition.
Smashing cloud success calls for better-than-baseline thinking, however. No doubt you have your own set of goals, and have based them at least in part on your observations of how cloud has benefited organizations like yours. You’ve have had some degree of success, but you know your company is only scratching the surface. You know cloud can be a night-and-day difference-maker, and you’re ready to take your cloud journey to that next level.
On September 11th from 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET, join ITWC CIO and Chief Content Officer Jim Love as well as TeraGo Cloud Specialist Nabeel Sherif and Product Manager Mohamed Jivraj for “Four Keys to Smashing Success in the Cloud.” In this session, Jim, Nabeel, and Mohamed will take on the following factors — your keys to cloud success — breaking them down one by one:
- DR and disaster planning: Disaster recovery is many companies’ first cloud experience. What’s the best way to leverage the cloud to create a complete disaster plan?
- Security: Corporate leaders are looking for assurance critical data and applications are safe and secure. In this session, you will be presented with ways you can assure your bosses.
- Regulation: Why you need to stay on top of all regulatory developments, including GDPR, data sovereignty issues, and Canada’s new privacy legislation that kicks in November 1st.
- “Which cloud?”: There are different clouds to suit different customer needs. In what instances would hyperscale be the better choice over private cloud? Jim and [Firstname] will break down the choices.
With a clear goal, the best information, and proper planning, smashing cloud success can be achieved. Consider attendance at “Keys to Smashing Success in the Cloud” as your first step in that exciting direction.