The world is in a data frenzy. With so many applications, devices, and machines connecting to the cloud and to corporate datacenters, the amount of data being consumed and analyzed by insight-hungry organizations in particular is exploding.
Companies that make intelligent use of data to bring in new customers and improve existing customer relationships get to enjoy the sweet fruits of competitive advantage. However, for all this data — 44 zettabytes’ worth by 2020 — to be available, the distributed networks that deliver it need to be reliable, agile, and cost-friendly.
The eye-popping amount of compute power being used to solve previously insurmountable problems could not exist without virtual technologies, cloud computing, and software-defined networking. The recent convergence of these technologies has made big data available to almost any company anywhere. The confluence of virtual tech, the cloud, and software-defined WANs (SD-WANs) is transforming the delivery, management, and operation of networks and the services that run on them.
SD-WAN is set to skyrocket. Gartner believes that by the end of 2019 almost one-third of enterprises will use SD-WAN technology in all of their branch offices, and estimates that by 2020, more than half of WAN edge infrastructure refresh initiatives will be based on SD-WAN. Meanwhile, IDC is predicting that the SD-WAN market will reach $8B USD by 2021.
SD-WAN offers a new way to deploy, manage, and operate your WAN infrastructure. It enables digital and cloud transformation for networks of all sizes. It promises:
- Operational simplicity – centralized management, zero-touch provisioning, and a high degree of automation to deliver seamless, reliable connections
- Predictive application experience – optimized cloud and on-premises application performance with real-time analytics, visibility, and control
- Integrated security – the ability to securely connect your users to applications in minutes — not months — and protect your data from the WAN edge to the cloud
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, join ITWC CIO Jim Love and Cisco Systems Engineer Colin Boland as they explore the latest innovations behind some industry-leading SD-WAN solutions. In SD-WAN: The Bridge to a New Network Era, Love and Boland will cover such timely topics as:
- The new network landscape: Why SD-WAN?
- Simple, secure, scalable: Cisco SD-WAN unique features and benefits
- Live demos powered by Viptela® and Meraki®
- Interactive Q&A with Cisco experts & panel