I don’t usually plug events but in this case I’m going to make an exception. Next month will see the inaugural edition of what promises to be a landmark event for the CIO community in Canada.
Drive, fly, take a bus, or crawl if you have to, but get yourself to the First Annual CIO 100 Assembly. Then for ever after you can brag that you were there when it all started, way back in 2006.
Among other things, this highly interactive think-tank retreat will give you the opportunity to:
• rub elbows and do some serious brainstorming with the movers and shakers in the CIO profession;
• contribute your knowledge to building the CIO profession and creating a playbook for CIOs;
• hone your ‘executive suite’ leadership skills;
• align with the CEO agenda and become a thought leader within the enterprise;
• get an inside look at some of the best run IT shops in the country.
• take in a high-level presentation on how to take full advantage of IT World Canada’s Salary Survey 2006 for IT professionals.
Plenty of excellent speakers will be taking the podium, including Ward Chapin, CIO of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, Charles Kirk, SVP and CIO of Celestica, and Brian Truskowski, Vice President and CIO of IBM. John Manley, former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, will present the opening keynote on technology innovation.
As well, various members of The CIO Executive Council of Canada will be on hand to lead discussion around some of their excellent work in building the CIO profession.
Last but not least, this is an opportunity to pamper yourself, enjoy a round of golf with your peers at the fine Legends on the Niagara golf course, and treat your significant other to a relaxing few days in one of the country’s top vacation destinations.
This CIO Canada event takes place June 18 to 20 at the Niagara Fallsview Resort and Casino. You can register for CIO 100 Assembly at http://www.ITWorldexpo.ca/CIO100/.
See you there!
TALK TO ME