Improved battery life, enhanced camera functions and better third-party application performance are among the upgrades rolled out today in the first software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
“It’s almost been a month since we officially unveiled the new BlackBerry 10 smart phones and many of you already have a BlackBerry Z10
in hand,” a post on BlackBerry.com read. “You’ve been using it for week and we’ve been listening to your feedback and have been working on an update just for you.
The post, however, did not offer details about the updates.
BlackBerry Z10 costs $154 to build?
Deep dive into BlackBerry Z10
Typically, users get a notification about new updates, however BlackBerry said, users can also manually check on their phones if their service provider have made the updates available by simply going to the Settings and the Software Updates and Check for Updates screens.
The download able update is approximately 150MB and connecting to a Wi-Fi is recommended when downloading.
The top five improvements made to BlackBerry 10 are:
1) Third party app performance – BlackBerry said third party application developers can now build apps that can run faster and smoother on the BlackBerry 10 phones. Watch out for fresh launches this month for WhatsApp
2) Calendar and contacts – Fixes were issued for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. There are also improvements in to make importing contacts from online sources to the phone. BlackBerry Hub, which is used for logging calls and how conversations are handled, was also improved
3) Camera - The camera was also optimized to enable it to take clearer photos even when the flash is not used
4) Browser and media – A number of improvements were made to the software to improve how the browser handles video playback
5) Battery life – The software team made over 60 battery life saving improvements since the phone’s launch
Read the complete post here