Position: IT Project Manager
Location: Scarborough, ON
Term: Contract, 8 months
We are currently seeking a strong IT Project Manager with 5+ years experience managing large complex online delivery solutions. Experience managing web based projects with 3rd party suppliers would be an asset. This position has responsibility for the completion of project activities and deliverables based on the accountabilities outlined below.
· Develop and deliver an optimal IT solution as it relates to the specific project objectives.
· Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) including development of documentation (system requirements specifications, testing strategy and test plans, quality assurance, etc.).
· Work with senior management and 3rd party vendors to understand business objectives.
· Negotiate and document project deliverables, timelines, project charters/costing, roles and responsibilities and critical milestones.
· Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met.
· Ensures delivery of project to the business partner, meeting the approved scope /cost/schedule/quality for the project.
· Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to the Executive and / or Steering Committee where appropriate to secure their timely decisions/support
· Minimum 5 years as an IT Project Manager
· Experience working in a .NET frameworks (2.0 – 3.0), MS SQL environment would be an asset.
· Familiarity with EDI and XML essential.
· Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects.
· Full life cycle development experience. Experience with proven project methodology tools.
· PMI certified preferred.
· Previous experience in a media company would be an asset but not necessary.
Your soft skills will include (but are not limited to):
· Must be a self-motivated individual who takes pride in delivering high quality work
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (proficient in English)
Posting Closes: June 30th
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com