50% of people found this useful
The VP of e-commerce maximizes the use of the Internet as a vehicle for business with customers, suppliers and partners. Through the development of easily navigable Web portals, trusted and secure payment systems and organizational process creation, the VP of e-commerce transitions traditional approaches to generating revenue into the online platform. Responsibilities
Identify opportunity for online sales, transactions or relationship building with clients via the Web
- Scope out resources required for effective e-commerce activities and make recommendations to management
- Work with third-party providers of e-commerce products and services to negotiate beneficial contracts and competitive pricing
- Work with application development and IT department teams on the conception, development and deployment of Web portals with e-commerce functions and capabilities
- Build e-commerce procedures into the existing corporate sales, prospecting and lead generation process
- Market e-commerce opportunities to partners, suppliers and customers
- Develop a plan for leveraging existing customer databases for e-commerce activities and new databases based on e-commerce transactions
- Develop and research best practices around usability for e-commerce and integrate with Web development efforts
- Assist in installing, testing, debugging, and documenting Web applications using the appropriate tools.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Post-secondary education in business administration or information technology
- Deep understanding of online portals, payment gateways, online marketing techniques
- Hands-on experience with software design practices, relational databases, and data-driven Web applications.
- Deep understanding of databases, CRM and online lead generation
- Solid project management expertise