The Systems/Software Application Tester’s role is to plan, design, architect, and deploy effective test suites and regimes for in-house product development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements. This individual will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives.
- Ensure that performance test objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Work with external teams to create a strategy to manage test data and then help to implement it.
- Identify activities, dependencies, and critical success factors where appropriate.
- Contribute to project delivery including project progress reporting and other governance processes.
- Follow department software development guidelines and processes
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of project development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- 3+ years experience creating, implementing, and executing performance test, stress test and load tests.
- Experience testing both real-time and batch oriented systems.
- Extensive, hands-on knowledge of scripting skills (C/C++, Visual Basic, VBScript, Java, etc.) a plus.
- Good understanding of software architecture technologies (e.g. UML, HTML, XML, Java, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, Unix/Linux knowledge).
- Experience with HTTP and Web Services protocols.
- Experience with software quality assurance methodologies and actual hands-on testing.
- Solid understanding of the entire software development life cycle process, including requirements, analysis, design, testing, and documentation across multiple development methodologies (e.g. waterfall, iterative, prototyping, agile)
Advanced troubleshooting ability that utilizes strong development, testing, and process knowledge.