100% of people found this useful
The Systems Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing systems
- Make recommendations on custom applications
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration
- Deep understanding of the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Working knowledge of major network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive experience with core software applications