The Information Architect (IA) designs systems that help employees, customers and other users find and manage information successfully. Highly proficient in effective labelling, navigation and searching best practices, the IA’s work organizes and presents data to the user in a meaningful, clear and intuitive manner, whether on Web sites or other systems. The IA creates the structure or map of information which allows others to find their personal paths to knowledge, helping users formulate queries that can be matched with relevant content.
- Defines standards for data integration and the creation of business object schemas or canonical formats to facilitate data exchange
- Designing innovative and effective transaction interfaces for existing and new products and services
- Ensures data models and metadata are correct and data is cleansed for business intelligence.
- Aggressively responding to market and usability testing results, using mockups, prototypes, user flows, and detailed design specification documents to define and communicate interface concepts and requirements, ensuring consistency and ease of use for our customers
- Sets policies for data access and monitor data quality
- Collaborates with product managers, designers, engineers, and a cross-functional business team including representatives from marketing, product management, engineering, quality assurance, and customer support
- Creates and publicizes an inventory of data stores and information components
- Initiating usability studies and surveys set objectives, running test sessions, interpreting results and reviewing findings with team members.
- Experience in user interface design with experience in designing usable Web-based interfaces
- Distilling and organizing large amounts of complex information into simple, useful, and usable application designs
- Creating detailed design specifications
- Applying modular and systematic approaches to user experience design
- Designing navigation, interaction and nomenclature systems
- Conducting heuristic analysis and assessments
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver Director/Flash, Visio, etc
- Ability to work with business leaders in a consultative fashion