The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist helps turn operational data into actionable information that improves decision making in an enterprise. The BI Specialist helps design and build systems that integrate data from multiple repositories and bring out the most useful results for end users. By working with industry standard software products and services, best practice approaches and a keen eye on the specific business goals, the BI Specialist brings greater ROI from data warehouses, analytic applications and other IT investments.
- Provide the overall architectural foundation for development, implementation and operation for data reporting, modeling, and analysis of a data warehouse for institutional data
- Design, develop and debug ETL and related applications using standard tools from major vendors
- Develop standards and techniques to support advanced drill down capabilities
- Function as an administrator of the BI environment and ensure acceptable performance.
- Collaborate with the business analysts in the creation of the logical design and with the database administrators in the implementation of physical designs.
- Establish practices to ensure data quality and perform quality reviews of data models.
- Responsible for the complete range of BI capabilities: reporting, analysis, score carding, dashboards and business event management
- Post-secondary education in computer science, with specific training or experience in major BI platforms
- Deep understanding of data warehouse design and data modeling
- Experience and expertise in Oracle e-Business Suite, MS SQL Server, SAS, IBM Cognos, Hyperion, SAP and other tier-one products
- Experience and expertise in major ETL tools.
- Deep understanding of user interface and reporting requirements Knowledge of […] scripting language.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.