iboss’ MobileEther includes data loss prevention, advanced Web and mobile malware protection
iboss Network Security has released a cloud security suite it says is a unified mobile device management and Web security solution.
Called MobileEther, it covers data loss prevention, advanced Web and mobile malware protection, detailed reporting and directory-based user authentication.
“Smartphones and tablets are considered essential across almost every workforce. However, the need for these devices to meet regulatory compliance is eroding the effectiveness of traditional mobile device management solutions,” iboss CEO Paul Martini CEO said in a statement. “Many organizations resort to deploying two solutions to meet security and compliance needs. MobileEther solves this challenge by providing a unified approach to managing and securing mobile devices in the enterprise.”
Administrators can scan and wipe devices, push applications, filter access to the Apple App store by rating or type, geomap device locations on a live map and get reports on user and device activity.
Other features include
- HTTP/S Web filtering with flexible user access and directory integration;
- Traffic scanning and identification of embedded threats (malware, botnets, new / unknown threats);
- Identification and securing of unencrypted, sensitive data transmissions (credit card information, social security numbers);
- Sophisticated signature and heuristic-based intrusion prevention and detection;
- Cloud based email security scans to detect viruses, malware, data loss, and protect against DoS attacks.
It integrates with iboss Secure Web Gateway or can be used standalone.
iboss products include Secure Web Gateway, Threat & Event Console, Behavioral DLP & APT Defense, the cloud-based iBoss Email Spam.Related Download
Defining data services for virtualizing and automating IT
This Evaluator Group Technology Insight paper looks at how IT agility, achieved through virtualization and automation, can help established Enterprises ensure their competitive edge and respond to the heightened market competition, particularly that of public cloud-based IT services.