Change in business in 2018 is not only unavoidable, it’s normal. As the pivot point in most organization’s digital transformation journey, CIOs have their hands full.
CIOs and other company leaders today are charged with making sure their organizations are positioned for growth by constantly reimagining both business models and the customer experience. They must also ensure their staff is future-ready, adapting to new business models and disrupting as needed. Failure on any front and the business runs the risk of becoming obsolete.
What’s a CIO to do?
Effective CIOs have “sight” — a view to the future. They lead without apprehension. They don’t waver or procrastinate but act boldly. They know how to seamlessly link their plans and projects with the rest of what the executive is doing. As such, CIOs lead their teams and are strong forces for change among the C-suite.
HMG’s 2018 Toronto CIO Executive Summit
The CIO must deliver fearless leadership, fuse emerging technologies with process redesign and people skills. Nurturing these skills – this culture – will drive thought and discussion at HMG’s 2018 Toronto CIO Executive Leadership Summit.
This year’s event, which will hold to a theme of Lead, Reimagine, Reinvent – Driving a Culture of Genius for Success, will feature discussions on such timely topics as:
- Lead, Innovate, Disrupt (Jim Love, CIO, ITWC) – Why IT is more relevant than ever along with other critical trends that are shaping the future path for technology executives.
- New Technologies: Fueling Big Opportunities and a Competitive Edge (Moderator Naveen Kumar, VP, Consulting Services, Info-Tech Research Group) –Real-world applications of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, the Internet of Things and data analytics that are driving speed to market and a competitive edge.
- Emerging Enterprise Innovations from Silicon Valley (Moderator Saqib Awan, Vice President, Lightspeed Venture Partners) –How Silicon Valley startups such as Nutanix and Informatica are disrupting the enterprise IT landscape.
- Beyond Leadership: What Makes a Technology Executive Successful (Moderator Jenny Alfandary, CIO, Board Director, Professor IT Management, Humber College) – What key attributes and strategies, beyond leadership, are making some technology executives more successful than others.
- Lead, Reimagine, Reinvent: Driving a Culture of Genius for Success and Visualizing the Road Ahead (Moderator Jonathan Landon, President & Founder, Connectiv Innovation Corporation) – How tech executives are leading digital transformation strategies and how they can work with other C-suite execs to move the business forward
The Summit’s executive keynote, given by Wesley McPherson, Research Director, Info-Tech Research Group, will go a long way to helping you determine which trends are worth your attention, chart an adoption course, and build a business case for your stakeholders.
Dave Revell, CIBC Senior VP and CIO, Retail Business Banking, calls the CIO Executive Leadership Summit “a great forum to get together with CIOs from other industries that I would not normally have the opportunity to connect with.”
The Summit specifically caters to CIOs and other IT leaders who are interested in better positioning their organizations and themselves for what’s coming in business and achieving the greatest benefits through the use of information technology.
Date: June 7, 2018
Time: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Venue: Omni King Edward Hotel (Map) | 37 King Street East, Toronto
About HMG Strategy
HMG Strategy is the world’s largest independent and most trusted provider of executive networking events and thought leadership to support the 360-degree needs of technology leaders. The HMG Strategy global network consists of over 300,000 senior IT executives, industry experts, and world-class thought leaders.