The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically shifted how organizations operate, placing ever-growing importance and reliance on the cloud. The shift has elevated digital strategy to a topic of discussion in the C-Suite. Companies are exploring the right possibilities to help them stay competitive in today’s digital-first economy.
“Every organization’s information technology journey is different. Leaders need to leverage a digital ecosystem that offers all the right possibilities,” said Andrew Eppich, Managing Director, Equinix Canada. “Sometimes building your connections to a digital community can take up precious time that your competitors are using to outmaneuver you. Digital transformation is a team sport. Enterprises that work with a group of partners whose systems incorporate an open API architecture have the best chance at flexibility, agility and scalability.”
To learn more about how a digital strategy creates business advantage, read this Equinix-sponsored InfoBrief: IDC – Building Digital Infrastructure to Achieve Business Advantage
Here are some ways companies solve their digital transformation challenges by implementing easy to deploy and customizable solutions from Equinix.
Digital business growth is driving the need for network optimization. As a result, companies are under pressure to become increasingly agile with foundational infrastructure that can scale in minutes, on-demand, from interconnected ecosystems of providers on a global platform.
Equinix Fabric TM is a high-speed network that connects digital infrastructure and on-demand services at speed via a secure, software-defined interconnection. Equinix Fabric offers its customers these capabilities:
- Support globally distributed end-users reliably with superior response times.
- Scale the deployment of hybrid cloud applications quickly as demand increases.
- Achieve network agility with automated provisioning to respond to changing usage patterns.
- Connect directly to partners and providers quickly, easily and securely to improve customer service.
- Bypass the public Internet to improve performance and reduce security threats.
- Outsource network operations to access expertise and contain costs.
Navarik, a real-time petroleum data insights company, needed seamless access to the Google Cloud to increase the availability of its data analytics applications. By connecting to the Google Cloud via Equinix Fabric, Navarik now operates a high-performance, secure and reliable hybrid computing infrastructure.
Matching the Pace of the Digital Economy
Cloud became a vital lifeline for many companies in the wake of the pandemic. However, many enterprises are struggling to leap to the cloud without their legacy, on-premises hardware. Today’s companies need to create a seamless, hybrid cloud environment that allows them to leverage existing computing infrastructure while embracing the benefits of the cloud.
Equinix Metal TM is a physical computing infrastructure that operates at software speed. Equinix Metal offers its customers these capabilities:
- Scalable computing capacity to respond to increasing application processing requirements.
- Choice of 220+ data centers distributed globally to support geographically distributed end-users and customers.
- Redundant infrastructure components to achieve high application availability.
- Highly secure to mitigate data breach risks.
- Certified to meet environmental standards to support ESG objectives.
- Outsource computing infrastructure operations to access automation, expertise and contain costs.
Simplitium operates the ModEx catastrophic risk modelling application for the insurance industry. Simplitium needed a solution for its customers that lowers risk and improves security while also offering capacity for expansion. The solution was Equinix Metal, located close to data and end-users.
Availability Anytime, Anywhere
In the digital economy, one-size-fits-all is not a viable strategy. Instead, companies are now expected to be agile and adapt to volatile market conditions anytime or anywhere. As a result, companies can no longer rely on static infrastructure. Now they need flexible infrastructure that can be deployed quickly and scale at a moment’s notice.
- Virtual network services with ultra-low latency to improve application response time.
- Instant deployment and interconnection of network services to reduce time to market.
- Network redundancies to maintain high availability.
- Access to a pre-integrated ecosystem to improve responsiveness to changes.
- Network automation for reduced operational effort.
KEMET Electronics Corporation, a leading global electronics manufacturer, moved its critical business applications to the Oracle Cloud with Equinix Secure Access Service Edge and multi-cloud interconnection. As a result, KEMET streamlined its operations while improving network performance and achieving end-to-end security.
For more information about how Equinix connects you to all the right places, partners & possibilities that support your digital strategy, view this 30-minute presentation, Going Global at Software Speed.
* IDC InfoBrief, sponsored by Equinix, “Building Digital Infrastructure to Achieve Business Advantage,” doc #US47031620, December 2020