Channel managers in subsidiary organizations walk a fine line. How do you balance the sales goals of the local team with the overall global corporate direction?
It’s a classic channel challenge: local versus global. It can be particularly tricky when global executives aren’t familiar with the ins and outs of the Canadian market.
If you face this dilemma, you’re not alone. On July 11, join Steve White, VicePresident for the Channels and Alliances Team at IDC, for a webinar discussion on the best practices to manage the Canadian channel in a multinational context. Members of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Channel Chiefs Council will participate to tackle these questions:
- What are the key considerations for working with a global channel company?
- How do you balance global direction with local execution?
- What is the best reporting structure - - local or virtual?
- How can you ensure that the global organization represents your needs?
- What are the tried and true practices for managing this issue?