A lot of users have been sitting around waiting for theirAndroid handset to get the Ice Cream Sandwich update. And we know, it’sextremely frustrating. But there are some really good reasons why it’s takingso long. REALLY good ones. Unfortunately, hardly anyone is telling us what theyare.
We did a bit of digging to see what we could find out, andwe think that we may have hit paydirt. And so here are a few possible reasonswhy Ice Cream Sandwich may be taking so long to come to your phone or tablet:
10. The fine folks at your carrier are putting in the properamount of extra time needed to be 100% sure all of the carrier splash screens,carrier-specific apps and skins have just the right amount of ice creamsandwichiness.
9. After a few tests, it’s been determined that yourparticular Android model is lactose-intolerant, and a suitable soy orrice-based diary-free OS alternative has yet to be formulated.
8. Developers at your manufacturer have gotten sidetrackedtrying to get three stars on all of the levels of Angry Birds Space, and arejust now ready to get back to work finishing off the ICS build for your phone.Unless a new level comes out, of course.
7. The folks in charge of your particular upgrade were the originalteam in charge of keeping Duke Nukem Forever on track for a timely release.We’ll have more news to report in 2024.
6. All but one member of the team in charge of getting ICSready for your tablet have been shifted over to the Jellybean team. Have youheard about Jellybean? It’s going to really rock, and a lot of bodies areneeded on making sure it’s going to be awesome! The last remaining member ofthe team? Sobbing quietly in the corner.
5. Developers from a rival handset company gave incorrectdirections to the convention center at Mobile World Congress, and your dev teamis still trying to figure out where the heck they are. Looks like it could besomewhere in Albania.
4. Ice Cream Sandwich is actually a huge practical joke byGoogle…it doesn’t really exist. All those people that say they have it fortheir device? They’re in on it. Trust no one.
3. The CEO at your handset company decided to be morehands-on, and took on the ICS update project personally, including all coding.Decided to start from scratch so it could be done in BASIC, which is morefamiliar from his good ol’ days at university.
2. Wow – the coding team got caught up in a Dr. Who marathonand, like, completely forgot that Ice Cream Sandwich needed to be done. Who canremember that in the middle of an intensedebate on how they got that flashing cactus to talk?
1. Aliens. Your Ice Cream Sandwich build was abducted byaliens.
Know any more reasons? Put 'em in the comments, below!