The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada has given itself another important make-work project — creating cool T-shirts to hand out at conferences — and decided it would be a lot more efficient to outsource it. Submissions are being accepted until today, and whoever creates the winning design or slogan will get their very own shirt with their design (reflecting the kind of budget PIPEDA princess Jennifer Stoddart has to work with). Far be it for Shark Tales to miss out on the opportunity for swag.
1. ACCOUNTABILITY — IT’S JUST A WORD UNTIL THE PRIVACY COMMISSIONER GETS OFF HER ASS.
2. PiE-pEEED-ah, PippiDa. SAME TOOTHLESS LEGISLATION, NO MATTER HOW YOU SAY IT.
3. JENNIFER STODDART WOULD TELL YOU WHAT SHE’S DOING TO HELP CANADIANS PROTECT THEIR INFORMATION, BUT THAT’S PRIVATE
4. VIOLATE CANADA’S PRIVACY LAW AND YOU’RE IN FOR ONE STERN WARNING FROM OUR COMMISSIONER. BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID.
5. I TRUSTED JENNIFER STODDART’S OFFICE TO SAFEGUARD MY DATA AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT!