Welcome from RSA Conference 2009 in sunny San Francisco!
Now that the SANS tutorials are just about wrapped up, it’s time tokick the conference into action. There are a few orientation-stylesessions scheduled for this afternoon, but this evening’s WelcomeReception will be the real opener.
The Welcome Reception is held in the exhibition hall, which I got asneak peek of a few minutes ago. Any conference this size is bound tohave some flashy booths. Here’s a few I noticed before I got tired ofdodging forklifts during the set up period.
- Fortinet’s casino themed booth sporting the tagline “Don’t gamble with security.”
- Venafi’s podium style presentation booth. The person practicing reminded me of that ShamWow commercial I see on TV, but in a data security kind of way. PGP had a similar booth, but it felt a bit more OxiClean.
- IronKey’s huge USB stick, encrypted I presume, hanging from the rafters.
- Google’s inflated ring suspended from the ceiling. It is a cross between a blimp and a backyard swimming pool.
- NSA’s walled perimeter. I wanted to see more, but I didn’t have the right security clearance.
- And of course, the RSA booth, which is roughly the size of a small city.
More on RSA Conference 2009 as the week unfolds.