Sony Pictures was the target of a massive cyber attack late last month that continues to have serious repercussion today. On Friday, employees of the company reported receiving messages the attackers threatening to harm their families as well.

A Kevin Mandia, a top executive of FireEye Inc. which was hired by Sony to investigate the cyber attack at the company’s Hollywood studio, called the cyber attack “an unparalleled and well planned crime.”

In an interview with Reuters which appeared in Networkworld, he said the attack was carried out by an organized group which Sony or other companies could companies could not have been prepared to face.

Hackers belonging to a group calling itself the Guardians of Peace, have claimed responsibility for the attack that resulted in the leaking on the Internet of previously unreleased films, scripts and personal information of 3,3800 employees, performance reports, salaries and bonuses of executives and social security numbers of celebrities, freelancers and former Sony employees.

On Friday, the entertainment magazine Variety also reported that some employees of Sony have received threats from the attackers.  Variety said it obtained a copy of the message to employees.

“Removing Sony Pictures on earth is a very tiny work for our group which is a worldwide organization. And what we have done so far is only a small part of our further plan,” the message read. “Many things beyond imagination will happen at many places of the world. … Please sign your name to object the false of the company at the email address below if you dont want to suffer damage. If you dont, not only you but your family will be in danger.

Early today, Sony`s online PlayStation store could not be accessed by users. This episode lasted about two hours after which, Sony said the problem was fixed and that investigations are underway to determine the cause of the disruption.