Newest version of Akula platform builds in stronger visibility, control of enterprise mobile apps, company says
Verivo Software has announced the release of version 2.0 of its Akula 2.0 mobile application platform. The latest release of the open, standards-based platform supports the reuse of mobile services during development and enhances management’s control, visibility, and governance of enterprise mobile applications, the company says.
Akula 2.0 enables IT departments to secure and govern mobile services and applications, while supporting access and reuse of mobile services using a range of options when it comes to front-end tools.
“As enterprises develop multiple complex apps, IT oversight and governance become more difficult to enforce, thus compromising security, control, management and visibility,” Chris Marsh, principal analyst for enterprise mobility at Yankee Group, said in the press release. “Enterprises need an open and extensible platform that, rather than just sitting as another silo, can work with existing IT infrastructure and scale policy, security, and compliance across mobile assets.”
Verivo says it has positioned Akula 2.0 to fill the existing gap between SOA and the needs of mobile devices, by providing services for security, data access, data synchronization, monitoring and management. Users have the option of adding custom services as required.
Verivo provided a list of features and capabilities that included the following:
- Client Actions: This feature furnishes a number of built-in client actions for any application including force logout, data wipe, and refresh app permissions. All can be generated from within the Akula management console.
- Push Notifications: Mobile application developers can add push notifications, such as alerts, badges, and sounds across iOS and Android devices.
- Management Console: The Akula server management console has been beefed up and now replicates the functions of the Akula management REST APIs, also allowing full management of Akula mobile apps at runtime.
- Public Maven Repository: Developers can now create a new Akula app project in one step with the Verivo-hosted public Maven repository.
- Android Certification: The Akula client SDK is now certified for Android 4.4 (KitKat).
“We continue to answer to industry demand for a secure, extensible infrastructure that significantly simplifies the mobile enterprise app development process,” said Gregg Bjork, president and chief operating officer of Verivo. “With Akula 2.0, we’ve added key capabilities that help improve development, security, and governance as the industry continues to evolve, and the number of apps companies develops continues to increase.”Related Download
Sponsor: IBM Canada Ltd
The New Workplace: Supporting “Bring your own”
“Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) and the “consumerization of IT” have taken hold in the enterprise, and employees using their own personal smartphones and tablets for business have become pervasive.