It’s nice to be in demand.
For one thing, it’s good for the ego. For another, it’s great for the pocketbook.
According to Robert Half Technology, people in the following IT-related positions will hold the hottest technology jobs in Canada in the coming year.
“Companies seek individuals who can help with key growth initiatives, such as improving the firm’s web and social media presence, gathering and analysing business data, and optimising a customer’s online experience,” Lara Dodo, regional vice-president of RHT said in a news release Tuesday.
Here are the company’s descriptions for six technology jobs it predicts will be in demand 2013, along with their anticipated average starting salaries:
1. Network engineers — Demand for them is “as strong as ever,” said Brady, because organizations continue to use wireless or wired networks that require high bandwidth for multimedia applications.
Those who can effectively engineer the integration of cloud computing with other new technologies and maintain a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via LANs or WANs will have little trouble finding work. Network architects are forecast to receive starting salaries between $79,500 and $104,250, on average.
2. Mobile applications developers — As companies strive to reach consumers on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, RHT says, they need professionals who can develop for the small screen. Average starting salaries for mobile applications developers are expected to range from $79,000 to $112,000.
3. Business intelligence analysts — These individuals assist firms in making critical business decisions by gathering and analysing data to better target marketing efforts. RHT says business intelligence analysts should see starting salaries between $76,000 and $105,750, on average.
4. Web designers — As firms look to enhance their online presence, they need talented professionals who possess front- and back-end development skills, an eye for design, and solid expertise in maintaining interactive Web sites and social media pages. Those with five or more years of experience should see base compensation ranging from $75,000 to $120,000.
5. Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing specialists — These individuals are responsible for formalising search SEO and SEM strategies and tactics. Other duties include analysing website traffic, as well as developing website assessments and recommendations. SEO/SEM specialists with three or more years of experience can anticipate average starting salaries ranging from $75,000 to $95,000.
Gestion des processus commerciaux stratégiques en nuage
L'enthousiasme que suscite l'informatique en nuage n'est pas lié aux TI à la demande, mais bien à l'innovation à la demande, optimisée par la gestion des processus commerciaux en nuage. Les dirigeants veulent que leur entreprise devienne transformationnelle, et non seulement transactionnelle.