With single instance support users can create a new virtual machine and get their database up and running in a matter of minutes, says Oracle
Oracle Corp. has released a set of virtual machine templates to support database 12c and another set for database 11g 188.8.131.52.7.
After a few minutes, the VM will be “pingable,” the post said.
The templates also enable users to easily configure and activate many new 12c functions
- Oracle Flex Cluster and/or Flex ASM, Hub/Leaf nodes
- Container Database with x number of pluggable databases
- Database Express
- ACFS filesystem
- Oracle Restart (single instance database with HA)
- local or shared filesystem installs, including OCFS2 and ACFS
- Admin Managed or Policy managed database creation with serverpools
- OS kernel updated to the latest uek 2 version 2.6.39-400
The functions can be automated and reproduces even if the user does not know how to configure them.
Stock exchange lowers latency and increases availability with HP
This case study provides an overview of why the National Stock Exchange turned to HP to meet specific needs for a next-generation server and storage infrastructure with high availability and ultra-low latency to support online transaction processing and data warehouse solutions.