With single instance support users can create a new virtual machine and get their database up and running in a matter of minutes, says Oracle
Oracle Corp. has released a set of virtual machine templates to support database 12c and another set for database 11g 184.108.40.206.7.
After a few minutes, the VM will be “pingable,” the post said.
The templates also enable users to easily configure and activate many new 12c functions
- Oracle Flex Cluster and/or Flex ASM, Hub/Leaf nodes
- Container Database with x number of pluggable databases
- Database Express
- ACFS filesystem
- Oracle Restart (single instance database with HA)
- local or shared filesystem installs, including OCFS2 and ACFS
- Admin Managed or Policy managed database creation with serverpools
- OS kernel updated to the latest uek 2 version 2.6.39-400
The functions can be automated and reproduces even if the user does not know how to configure them.
Optimized Security and Simplicity for Complex Distributed Enterprise Networks
This IDC Analyst Connection looks at the the benefits of using a UTM platform integrated with network connectivity and how it will save the enterprise money, reduce the number of vendors' products needed to be purchased, improve the communications between devices, offer the opportunity for organizations to deploy more sophisticated capabilities, and vastly improve security.