New acquisitions, leadership changes, retooled cloud strategies and possibly new products are some of the things industry watchers are speculating they will see from SAP AG this year.
HANA was the most successful new product SAP had rolled out in recent years.
While hype around the in-memory database will most likely persist in 2013, Chris Kanaracus of Computerwold.com the following will also grab headlines for SAP this year:
1) New acquisitions – In 2012, SAP partnered with social analytics vendor NetBase. It’s entirely possible that this year, SAP may decide that it is much better to own such technology. Such a decision could pave the way to the acquisition of NetBase of companies like it such as Lithium Technologies Inc. and Attensity.
HANA taking off: SAP
SAP launches Visual Intelligence for casual BI users
Why enterprise software will never be the same
2) Cloud strategy – Expect some big announcement from SAP in the upcoming Sapphire conference in May. The event could be the launching pad for new cloud applications that zero-in on particular business use and line of business issues like the company’s Financials OnDemand.
3) HANA’s road map – A HANA road map for 2013 is expected to be unveiled when SAP holds a major news conference in January 10. Many start-ups are building databases with HANA but in order to maintain its momentum a wider range of high-profile deployment especially in mission critical workloads in essential.
4) C-level movement – Will either of SAP’s co-CEO’s Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe make a move for solo leadership of the company? There have been no “public indications or report of tensions” between the two, according to Kanaracus but he points to persistent rumours linking McDermott to such intentions.
5) A new product – SAP’s reworked research strategy current places emphasis on developing products which the company believes could lead to success within three to five years. Will 2013 be launching pad for another breakout product like HANA?
Read the whole story here
Copyright © 2013